SB Wellness is committed to ensuring that all data collected from clients and visitors to our website is obtained and used lawfully and fairly where it is necessary for us to hold this information. This policy explains how we ensure that our Data Protection Policy complies with GDPR guidelines.
Collecting and storing personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us when enquiring about our packages
- information relating to any package purchases you make of our goods or services (including your name, correspondence address, payment address, telephone numbers and email address)
- information that you supply to us in any questionnaire
- information that you may choose to disclose to any member of SB Wellness including but not limited to medical information, scans, introductions to other practitioners you work with and photographs
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (including the communication content and metadata)
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us in any format.
Where you have provided us with personal information, we will retain this only for as long as is necessary. Where you have undertaken an SB Wellness package, we will retain information (including electronic documents) containing personal data for a period of 5 (five) years. We may amend the time limit (either increasing or decreasing the time) for storing your information for any of the following reasons:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, we will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. We may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
Personal information submitted to us through the contact form on our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing. We may use your personal information to respond to your enquiry as well as:
- administer our business and website
- personalise our website for you
- provide services to you
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- serve you targeted advertisement in order to provide you with more relevant advertising content. The targeted marketing is accomplished via our own channels (i.e. our websites, display advertising, and apps) and third party channels, including across multiple devices or browsers, including but not limited to Google, Facebook and Instagram.
Security of personal information
We will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered via the use of our website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of our customers and other individuals who might be impacted.
- take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
Disclosing personal information
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We may update this policy as required and will publish a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may make changes to this policy. This will be noted by a revision number at the end of each document. It is not our policy to notify users by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
Company registration number: 11066857
Registered address: Overdene House, 49 Church Street, Theale, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5BX